[rrd-developers] Preview for updated RRDTool PHP extension and userland wrapper

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Mon Aug 24 18:15:40 CEST 2009

Hi Benny,

Today Benny Baumann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 24.08.2009 16:40, schrieb Tobias Oetiker:
> > Hi Benny,
> >
> > btw if you are happy to contribute this for the rrdtool mainline, I
> > will be happy to integrate it ...
> >
> > cheers
> > tobi
> >
> The extension part is ready so far (no major known bugs left IMHO), so
> feel free to include it (ext subdirectory). It's basically a binding for
> librrd against PHP, so should go to the bindings directory. Build as
> mentioned in the previous message.
>
> The PHP userland wrapper (php directory) is still incomplete, especially
> in regards to graphing and its interface. I'll do some more working on
> that part so putting it to the contributions already would just
> complicate things (IDK if I might change the API of the Wrapper).
> Currently it's for demonstration mostly ... I'd like to hear your
> comments on that part (Might be an inspiration for your OOP interface I
> think?)

great ... have quickly unpacked the tool, but from what is in the
ext directory it is not clear to me how this is best to build ...
also, I guess php wants all the extensions installed into the
'main tree' or is there a sensible way to have the shared object in
the rrdtool install tree and add it to the php module search path ?
for the other bindings we offer a configure switch that lets the
user decide where the so should go to ...