[rrd-users] Re: Forcing Y axis of graphs to autoscale with a minimum range

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Thu Oct 14 21:21:16 MEST 1999

Today you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] Re: Forcing Y axis of graphs...:

*>
*> I'm graphing various errors (CarrierTansitions, InterfaceResets
*> InputQueueDrops and OutputQueueDrops) and I'm scaling 'em to "per
*> minute".  The router-monkeys around here don't wanna to see this
*> data when it's rate is less than one per minute.
*>
*> So I'd like to set up RRD::GRAPHs so that the Y axis
*>
*>  - ranges from zero through one when all data is < 1
*>
*>  - ranges from zero through N when some data is > 1 (autoscale)
*>
*> I've played around with --lower-limit and --rigid but haven't came
*> up with a solution.
*>
*> Is this possible?

sure but don't use lower-limit and rigid, use --upper-limit 1.0

cheers
tobi
*>
*> The best work-around I can think of is to CDEF the data to zero
*> when it's less than .5 or somesuch.  Other ideas?
*>
*> later
*> steve
*> - - -
*> systems guy
*> wiscnet.net
*>
*> --
*> * To unsubscribe from the rrd-users mailing list, send a message with the
*>   subject: unsubscribe to rrd-users-request at list.ee.ethz.ch
*>
*>

--