[rrd-users] Re: No step function

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Thu Apr 13 11:00:02 MEST 2000

Monday you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] No step function:

*> I can't seem to find out how (or if) it is possible to get a "saw-toothed"
*> graph instead of a "stair-step" one. In other words, I am collecting a
*> GAUGE value every twenty minutes (by the way RRD is awesome!) and would
*> like to plot simply that value and then have the graph go straight to the
*> next point 20 minutes later.
*>
*> What I have now is: the line runs flat for twenty minutes, jumps to the
*> next value and runs flat again for the next twenty minutes. Would this be
*> in the rrdcreate step, or some fancy "-x" work in rrdgraph?

well there are two things, first you would have to create a new ds
type because the internal calculation for gauge does work with this
step aproach ...

second you might want to create new functionality for rrdgraph for
somehos specifying how to draw ... (connect dots, stair, polymon,
... ) this should them be customizable for each LINEx and AREA
operator ... (aargh)

cheers
tobi

*> TIA
*>
*> Joe Loiacono                             Phone: (301) 794-2509
*> NISN Network Engineering                 Fax:   (301) 794-9480
*> Computer Sciences Corporation      Goddard Space Flight Center
*>
*> --
*> Unsubscribe mailto:rrd-users-request at list.ee.ethz.ch?subject=unsubscribe
*> Help        mailto:rrd-users-request at list.ee.ethz.ch?subject=help