[rrd-users] question on resetting values

Daniel R . Kilbourne drk at netophilia.net
Wed Aug 23 19:10:44 MEST 2000

All,
I have been using mrtg 2.8.12 successfully for over a year now, and have been using it to monitor our ATM connections. mrtg does everything fine, the graphs look great. Now, I have been given the task of converting it all over to rrdtool (which will be used with mrtg-2.8.12 + 14all.cgi). It seems to run ok, but the graphs look odd (I'm assuming do to counter resets). Can anyone give me input on it? Here are the graphs:

http://netophilia.net/mrtg.html

Basically, due to administrative reasons (in other words, to keep people from freaking), I want to make the 'new' graphs look as close to the old as possible, but accuracy is most important.

Thanks for any help (esp. since I need to convert our hundreds+ devices over to rrdtool by friday :)  )
___
Daniel Kilbourne