[rrd-users] Graph Axis labels

Alison L Greenwald alison at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Dec 1 20:56:32 MET 2000

Is there an option to rrdtool graph (or RRDs::graph, really) that
forces a y axis scale label to appear.  I am using:

    RRDs::graph($rrdpic, "-h 60 -w 70", "DEF:a=$dbpath/$db.rrd:ds0:AVERAGE",
                "DEF:b=$dbpath/$db.rrd:ds1:AVERAGE", "CDEF:d=b,-1,*",
                "AREA:a#00FF88", "AREA:d#FF0000");

To put inbound traffic above the x axis, and outbound below.
Sometimes I get a positive and negative label, sometimes just a
negative, and sometimes none at all.

The only way I can think of to show me what the scale is would be to
use GPRINT, but I'm trying to make the picture take up as little
vertical space as possible.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alison