[rrd-users] Re: RRDTool Installation Problem

steve rader rader at teak.wiscnet.net
Wed Jan 12 22:11:19 MET 2000

 > From: "Scheidel, Greg"
 > Ok, this matched up with the tedious checking I was doing going through
 > config.guess.  Using "configure -host i586-pc-linux-gnuaout" did the trick

a.out?  RedHat has shipped elf binaries since 4.x...  iirc,
linux 2, in general, ah, expects elf binaries... a.out is
a downward compatibility thing.

 > Had to pull several libraries that configure wanted me to have for gcc
 > support, but it has at least gotten past the "configure" script
 > successfully.
 >
 > Are all of the "<checking for this....> No" messages normal?

Define "all"?!  Here's what I get with v1.0.10 on rh6.0...

 % ./configure | grep no
 checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
 checking for executable suffix... (cached) no
 checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions ... yes
 checking whether to build shared libraries... no
 checking for fp_class.h... (cached) no
 checking for fpclass... (cached) no
 checking for class... (cached) no
 checking for fpclassify... (cached) no