[rrd-users] rrdtool feature request

Frank Harper Frank.Harper at turbomeca.fr
Fri Mar 17 10:23:04 MET 2000

I've written a CGI script which uses dates input by the user to generate a
report. These dates can be in any of the formats supported by rrdtool's
AT-style format.

In the report I would like to print the date in a standard format (including
day of week, etc.), independent of the way the user actually entered the date.

I think the best way to do this would be a new rrdtool function which would
have an AT-style format date as input, and would return an epoch style date.

The syntax could be something like this:
    $time = RRDs::datetoepoch($ATdate)

Is this a good idea, or not?

--
Frank Harper, TURBOMECA network manager