[rrd-users] Re: overhead of value

Mauricio Doria de Camargo mauricio.camargo at corp.terralycos.com
Sat Aug 4 00:25:26 MEST 2001

I belive my problem will be solved using ifHC* (64bits counters from
SNMPv2c).
I don't get to gather values from ifHC* because i will need upgrade IOS
version of cisco switches. I found a Caveat from Cisco about ifHCinOctects
and out. See below:

------------------------
Resolved Caveats-Cisco IOS Release 12.0(14)ST
All caveats listed in this section are resolved in Cisco IOS Release
12.0(14)ST and Release 12.0(14)ST1. This section describes severity 1, 2,
and selected severity 3 caveats only.

Basic Systems

CSCdr16320-High Capacity counters are always 0 e.g ifHCInOctets /
ifHCOutOctets

High capacity counters in the IF-MIB ifXTable display 0s for all interfaces
that do not support them.

Workaround:
Now I'm gathering the values on two minutes interval using SNMPv1 (32bits
counters) and I got right values, so the graphic was plotted correctly.

Tks fou your help!
Sorry abaout my english!!!
Best Regards

mauric:o)