[rrd-users] Re: rrdtool resets (sorry)

Christian Pearce pearcec at PacketPushers.com
Sat Jan 27 04:57:11 MET 2001

Lookin at the code and following the values during a reset.  How does it
calculate the interval that had the reset occur during it.  I thought the
interval would go NAN since the delta should be negative.  But it looks
like it calculates a value.

I take it the DERIVE is the right thing to do and I believe in my mind it
is correct.  I just would like to be able to explain why it is correct to
my boss and everyone else that asks.  Any takers?

Christian Pearce
-PacketPusher