[rrd-users] Re: Adding DS's - without import/export?

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sun Mar 4 10:19:11 MET 2001

Yesterday Christian Pearce wrote:

 | > this said, I am sure many would apreciate a mechanism for magically
 | > adding DSes ... and I guess it should not be all that hard todo ...
 | > if you write the documentation first and post it to the list, I
 | > might be able to give some input ...
 | >

 | I see chatter about this topic every once and a while.  Tobi seems to be
 | stand offish about doing this.  Is it principle that you don't want to
 | include this or are you busy with other things. :)  I believe that adding

I have nothng against including such functionality ... I just don't
fancy coding it ... as I said, if you want todo it, please post
your 'implementation plan' to the list and I might even be able to
give input.

 | Another thing what's the future of RRDtool and say abherent behavior
 | detection?

as you may have seen, there is not a cvs archive for 1.1, and I am
planning to add the abherent stuff ... one of these days ...

cheers
tobi

 | Christian Pearce
 | -PacketPusher
 |

 | --

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, Timelord & SysMgr @ EE-Dept ETH-Zurich
 / // _ \/ _ \/ / TEL: +41(0)1-6325286  FAX:...1517  ICQ: 10419518
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/ oetiker at ee.ethz.ch http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker