[rrd-users] bug in rrdtool ?

Dan Gahlinger deg at interlynx.net
Wed Dec 18 20:53:01 MET 2002

I've tried everything, and I believe this is a definite bug.

I just tried the tutorial from the website:
http://www.rrdtool.com/tutuorial/rrdtutuoiral.html

I've tried it on both RedHat Linux 8.0 and Solaris (Sparc) v9
and I get the same problem... exponents

Yes, I know 4.0000000000e-02 is the same as 0.04 but it's not as easy to
read (or graph).
I've tried with whole numbers (from 10-50) and get exponents like
1.80000000e+01 (18)
yes its the same value, but why is it doing this ?

Most of the time (99%) I get "NaN" regardless of the value used, or how
rrdtool create/start/etc was done

this is 1.0.40 (latest) rrdtool. And it doesn't graph any of this data
(even though the values are "correct" - as such).

Dan.

--There are always possibilities...