[rrd-users] Re: 14all and dir/cfgdir trouble.

Rainer Bawidamann rainer at bawidamann.de
Tue Jan 22 21:28:40 MET 2002

> don't seem to get it...;-(
> Running 14all and mrtg/rrdtool works great, however
> $cfgfiledir =
>
> setting gives me some trouble, I would like to places the .cfg files
> in different directories below $cfgdir and be able to access an index
> page with small graphs from all .cfg in this directory.

The location of the .cfg files is independent of that of the .rdd files.
You can put your .cfg files into subdirs and put one file ("master") in the
top dir with "include" statements for the real config files (do you have
separate instances of mrtg running on these .cfg files or do you already
use a "master" cfg file?). Be careful where to put which config statement:
Some global settings mustn't occur twice.

> But why is there a param('dir'), which is supposed to do what I want,

14all sets this param from the .cfg file (setting "Directory"). It is used
to group targets together (kind of "mis-using" the setting as it gets a
second meaning with 14all).

14all wasn't written with multiple config files in mind (mrtg didn't know
about "include" when I started) so there are just some hacks.

Rainer