[rrd-users] Re: Convert from MRTG to RRD

Gerhard Ecaroh Froehlich gerhard.froehlich at produktion.gis-online.de
Tue Jul 9 10:05:20 MEST 2002

Hi,

have a look at:

<http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/rrdworld/index.html>

this would be good starting point. There's a lot of "open source" written code
on which you can build your environment. Read the archives, there are some
recent postings round front and backends with personal annotations and reports
of useability.

As a quick hint from my experience: Do not use MRTG as a collector for RRDTool.
MRTG is a good piece of software for small environments but is not that
extendible nor has it compact configurations files. Or do you want to end up in
twice x 10 000 lines "mrtg.cfg" like me before migrating to rrdtool?

Bye, Ecaroh

--
Gerhard Ecaroh Froehlich, Systemadministrator