[rrd-users] Re: merging old and new data from two rrds

Adam Hirsch adam at upromise.com
Tue Mar 19 17:54:09 MET 2002

The infosphere (theinfosphere at mac.com) wrote:

> You should be able to just dump the contents of both of you rrd files
> and then restore them to the new rrd file. Provided that the two files
> hold the same type of date at the same intervals and all that stuff...

They do, it's true -- these are rrds holding data from cricket.  That said,
when I do dump and restores, the data that cricket displays are the data
from the most recent restore.  If I've just restored the dump from the old
rrd, cricket displays the old data only, and then a two week gap.  If I've
just restored the dump from the newer rrd, cricket only displays the most
recent two weeks.

So clearly there's some merging trouble, though whether it's a problem with
cricket or a problem in the rrd itself, I'm not sure.

Adam

--
Perfect does not mean perfect actions in a perfect world,
but appropriate actions in an imperfect one. - R. H. Blyth