[rrd-users] Re: Inconsistent results when polling lots of devices

Woodcock, Bradford Bradford.Woodcock at Level3.com
Tue Aug 5 17:53:14 MEST 2003

Hi Simon,

Are the suspect targets very remote? Packet loss is definitely a
possibility. Not necessarily close to the system but closer to the
target. Are you monitoring ifDiscards in the path? What does ping look
like to the target ip, any packet loss?

Also have you tried running a single config for a bum target? This would
help determine if it is a system process related issue, which I'm
inclined to think it is not, but....

BTW, I also get those errors occasionally just not as consistently to a
single target as you.

Cheers,
Woody...

http://www.inframon.org - infraMon: Network Infrastructure Monitor