[rrd-users] Re: Strange issue with RRD/PHP

Pitisi dpitisi at lfdj.com
Wed Dec 3 14:42:11 MET 2003

I've got quiet the same problem (perhaps!):
>From a PHP page I call a C program on the server using the passthru command
to create a RRD file. The rrd_create() function from librrd creates the file
but with a size of 0, and the rigths of the files are strange: sometimes tey
are -r-S--S---, if I execute once more they can be -r-S--s--- or something
else, depending on something but what?????
I found out something strange (perhaps you can see the same behaviour in
your case): The command array passed in parameter to the rrd_create function
is changed by the fonction (order of elements in the array are changed) is
it normal???
I didn't find a solution to my problem. I'm going to try to use the system()
system call in my C program instead of librrd and I come back
Bye
DP

Max Kipness a écrit :

> > > I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
> > >
> > > I've had RRD running fine with PHP for some time now.
> > However recently
> > > when I pull up a page, I get the outline of the graph with
> > the red X
> > > for each graph on all the various PHP pages I'm hosting on
> > this server.
> > > Basically, I'm using PHP's 'exec' command at the top of the page to
> > > run the script that draws the actual graphs. Currently, if
> > I run the
> > > script manually, the graphs are drawn correctly, but if I
> > bring up the
> > > PHP page I get the blank graphs. If I look in the graph directory I
> > > see that the graph files have the current time and date as
> > just being
> > > drawn, but the file is 0 bytes.
> > <snipsnip>
> >
> > Sounds suspiciously like a known issue with Internet
> > Explorer.  Have you tried viewing in another browser?
>
> Thanks for the suggestions, but that's not it. I tried accessing the
> page using lynx and even though it can't show the graphs, it still ran
> the exec statement in the php code and drew the graphs as the timestamp
> changed.
>
> But the graphs still came out 0 bytes.
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> Thanks,