[rrd-users] RRDtool PHP module

Will Saxon WillS at housing.ufl.edu
Thu Mar 6 19:14:12 MET 2003

I know a couple of people have asked about this before, but it doesn't look like there were any answers - is this because nobody knows or are people just not doing things correctly?

I have been working for a few hours trying to get the RRDtool php module to even compile on my FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE-p6 and 5.0-RELEASE-p2 machines. Both are SMP, both have php 4.3.1, rrdtool 1.0.41. After installing the proper libtool/automake/autoconf so buildconf quits whining, a ./configure --with-rrdtool=/usr/local/ yields an error about an unexpected token 'AC_ADD_INCLUDE($RRDTOOL_DIR/include)'

I have tried setting RRDTOOL_DIR as if it were an environment variable, and have played with LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS environment variables also.

What is the recommended alternative to using the PHP module? Just using CGI instead?

-Will