[rrd-users] Re: Help with running remstats

gab.seun jones.ewulomi seun_ewulomi at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 13 17:58:18 MET 2003

Hi Thomas,

Thank you very much for your reply it. My apologies I didnt mention I was
running apache(every information counts). I had no problems compiling and
installing the dependencies. I just couldnt seem to get my head round the
configuration even when I used the -h switch for help.

im still getting the error while starting 'run-remstats'
(OUTPUT ERROR)
[remstats at remstats-server bin]$ ./run-remstats
Errors from ping-collector:

defined(@array) is deprecated at /var/remstats/bin/ping-collector line 75.
        (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
updater: ERROR update for /var/remstats/data/bristol/ping.rrd failed with
1047573602:10:10:13:110:930
Errors from port-collector:
defined(@array) is deprecated at /var/remstats/bin/port-collector line 75.
        (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?
With the reply you posted
">Yeah.  You've got a more recent perl than was available when I built
>that version of remstats.  You can ignore them for now.  I'm going to do a
>release within a week on sourceforge."

will downgrading to the perl version 5.005_03 solve the issue because I
still cant start 'run-remstats' or will it be better to wait for your
release within a week on sourceforge. Will you be releasing another version
of remstats

thanks again

regards,
gab