[rrd-users] Re: RRD - Working with unknow data and changing unknown into zero

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue Feb 3 18:01:58 MET 2004

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 05:23:54PM +0100, Simone Felici - Alpikom Spa wrote:

> Reading the CDEF tutoria I've found the syntax to convert unknown values
> into zero but after this operation the LAST and MIN values are ZERO too...

> Questions:
>
> 1- Any Idea why?

Sure.  You _have_ actually changed the values so the minimum, if not below
zero, the minimum is actually becoming zero.

How to circumvent is your next question:  Answer is to make a copy, use one
copy to determine min,avg,max etc. and the other copy to alter unknown in zero.

> 2- Other thing. In some cases I receive some peaks on graphs. Can I edit the
> rrd file manually and delete the wrong values? (Or any other solution...)

1: dump, edit, restore.
2: dump, restore_with_some_flag

HTH,
Alex