[rrd-users] Re: R: Re: RRD - Working with unknow data and changing unknown into zero

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Wed Feb 4 01:26:45 MET 2004

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 11:21:15PM +0100, Simone Felici wrote:

> It's all ok about the question on how resolve some peaks on the graph,
> expect for the "restore_with_some_flag", but no problem, I'll try to
> dump, edit and then restore! :)

see man rrdtool restore.  It's there.

> Other think I haven't understood is WHY the MAX and AVERAGE values are
> right and the MIN and LAST not?
> Example, if I've 3 intervals SUM1 = 3 + 5 = 8, SUM2 = 2 + 3 = 5, SUM3 =
> 1 + 1 = 2

values are 1,2,3,4,UNKNOWN
The minimum is 1.
The last value is UNKNOWN, or maybe 4 (dunno).
Now you are changing unknown into 0.
You get 1,2,3,4,0
The minimum is 0.
The last value is 0.

I'm sorry, I really don't know how to explain this if you don't get it.

Yes.
Are you sure?
Because it is not the normal reading order.
why not?
And please, don't top post!

Alex
--