[rrd-users] Re: Wanting an error instead of an "empty" graph

Serge Maandag serge.maandag at staff.zeelandnet.nl
Tue Feb 24 22:57:46 MET 2004

> Under what conditions would a graph containing no data be of value?

rrdtool is built to handle missing data.
whether it is before, after or during the time spanned by your rra's.
It just displays it as being NaN, which in my opinion is much better
than to generate errors and such.

> if the timestamp of the last update of the rrd is
> earlier then one week ago, then I know that I don't have the
> data that I want.

Ah, I assumed you kept on updating the rrd with nans and you wanted to
find
the last time a valid number was entered.

Serge.