[rrd-users] Re: One area printed over another

Justin Hawkins justin at hawkins.id.au
Sun Jan 4 00:29:13 MET 2004

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 11:56:23PM +0100, Benni Graf wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Right now I'm learning how to produce some nice graphs with rrdtool and
>   it's pretty amazing, but a problem came up:
>
> I want to print two Areas in one Graph: One with used Disk Space and
> another one with free Disk Space.
>
> Currently I've got more used than free Disk Space, so everything is
> fine, because i've written the AREA-command for the used Disk Space
> before the AREA-command for the free Disk Space.

The approach I've used is to AREA graph the total disk, and LINE2 the
used disk.

In this way as the line climbs to the top of the solid colour, you know
you are running out of disk space.

Also, in more historical graphs, you can see disk upgrades by the sudden
jump in the solid colour block :-)

http://hawkins.dropbear.id.au/~justin/stats/2_week.png

	- Justin

Justin Hawkins | justin at hawkins.id.au