[rrd-users] Re: RRDgraph: Magic number - 7680

Sinisa Burina six at emax.is
Fri Jan 9 14:38:57 MET 2004

I think I have found it - it's due to graph width that was set to 640 pixels.
Although there are only 5-min AVERAGE values in RRA, it seems rrdgraph can
show max 640 * 12 = 7680 rows - i.e total of 640 hours - an hour per pixel.

This raises two major questions:

1. How did it decide to show 1 hour per pixel and is there a way for it to
dynamically change this time resolution depending on the graph width?

2. I guess everyone needs to see _accurate_ information in the numbers, even
if it's not so crucial to have exactly all data graphed.  Is there a way to
accomplish this?

--
Best Regards,
      Sinisa Burina