[rrd-users] Re: R: R: Dinamic Upper and Lower limit

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue Oct 12 12:08:22 MEST 2004

DO NOT TOP-POST

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 12:03:08PM +0200, Simone Felici wrote:

> IF the traffic is low I need to create the graph without "-u" (-l) options
> and so the graph is set to display the values as well.
> IF the traffic is high with a regular PEAK (attended) I need to create the
> graph WITH "-u" option to set a maximum (and minimum) level to prevent into
> a 1 week graph that a peak of 40Mbit of an half hour transform my graph
> unreadable. Only a peak would be seen.
>
> I also ask if there is an option into rrdtool graph that allow me all above
> without always change the "rrdtool graph" commad with different options.

Use CDEF to alter data at graph time.

If the level is above xyz, display xyz else display the level.

Plenty of examples are available.  Good place to start would be
to look at the various tutorials, most likely the cdef-tutorial
is helpful for this particular case.

Alex
--
You want an answer?  You'd better follow the following guidelines!
Linesize well below 80 chars. Reply to the list, not to me. Trim