[rrd-users] Re: what's the best way to poll data at a high frequency

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Thu Jul 28 16:12:38 MEST 2005

John Barber wrote:

> That being said, I was wondering what is a good way to collect data to
> update an rrd if you want to update often, say every 10 seconds or so.

That's what I currently do - I collect temperature measurements every 10 seconds
and write them to an RRD database.
I have a daemon that wakes up about every 10 seconds to check the sensors, and which also
serves data and graphs over HTTP.

> That brings up another question. One of the things I am collecting data
> from is an environmental sensor that you can poll using SNMP, but it
> also has a web server that you can poll. It has one page on the web
> server that has 1 single comma delimited line that contains all the
> data.  I seems polling this might be a better way to go, but I have no
> idea how to get that string from the web server.

wget?  or libcurl or whatever it is called.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

--
http://www.spamchek.com/freetrial - managed anti-spam and anti-virus solution.
Sign up for your free 30-day trial now!