[rrd-users] Re: [rrd-users]: rrdtool graphs without the rrd?

Christian Korschan Christian.Korschan at CTBTO.ORG
Thu Mar 24 15:04:02 MET 2005

 >Hello, folks.
 >
 >This is probably going to sound really stupid and/or blasphemous,
 >but I was wondering if there's any way to get rrdtool to generate
 >a graph from input data without having to populate and maintain
 >an RRD.  I really like rrdtool's output graphs, but the data I track
 >has to be kept around in a non-lossy format, and it seems like a
 >waste of cycles to keep a set of RRDs populated for ongoing graphs,
 >as well as potentially creating RRDs for custom graphs.
 >
 >If anyone knows if this is at all feasible, please let me know.

I'm probably getting off-topic, but have you ever considered quisp
or ploticus ?

http://quisp.sourceforge.net
http://ploticus.sourceforge.net

Creating nice graphs is easy with both if your data sources are not
in an rrd.

regards
--
Christian