[rrd-users] newlines in labels for major grid lines?

christian smyth clsmyth at fuzzy-elves.org
Tue Oct 25 03:57:53 MEST 2005

Hi All,

Is there any way to put newlines in the labels for major grid lines?  I
have tried \n and \\n and \\\n and none of it seems to work.  I have
looked through the doc and this does not seem to be addressed.

Basically, the reason I want to do this is to, say, have the date
(mm/dd) and the day (Sun-Sat) on major grid lines.  Currently, when I
have a bunch of grid lines on a fairly narrow graph, the grid line
labels run together.  Newlines would fix the situation, as would the
ability to rotate text 90 degrees, or "stagger" the labels (like this):

mon wed fri sun tue thu sat
  tue thu sat mon wed fri sun

Anyone have any tips?

--