[rrd-users] Solaris 10 x86 Compiler, no proper IEEE Math

Nathan Wheeler nathan.wheeler at unwiredcity.com
Wed Aug 16 18:00:18 MEST 2006

 I'm trying to compile on Solaris 10 x86 with 1.2.15. My gcc is 3.4.3. I've
compiled rrdtool on Solaris 10 Sparc just fine so this is weird. The
configure command gives back:
checking if IEEE math works out of the box... no checking if IEEE math works
with the -ieee switch... no checking if IEEE math works with the
-qfloat=nofold switch... no checking if IEEE math works with the -w
-qflttrap=enable:zerodivide... no checking if IEEE math works with the
-mieeeswitch... no checking if IEEE math works with the -q float=rndsngl
switch... no checking if IEEE math works with the -OPT:IEEE_NaN_inf=ON
switch... no checking if IEEE math works with the -OPT:IEEE_comparisons=ON
switch... no checking if IEEE math works with fpsetmask(0)... no checking if
IEEE math works with signal(SIGFPE,SIG_IGN)... no configure: error: Your
Compiler does not do propper IEEE math ... Please find out how to make IEEE
math work with your compiler and let me know (tobi at oetiker.ch[1]). Check
config.log to see what went wrong ... The last part of config.log gives:

#ifdef __cplusplus extern "C" void std::exit (int) throw (); using
std::exit;configure: exit 1 Thanks!

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:tobi at oetiker.ch