[rrd-users] Re: problems summing many sources together

Georges Toth georges at norm.lu
Sat Jun 10 15:43:30 MEST 2006

> Granted, 0 is as good as any other number (including 3).  Propose it.
> Be prepared for Tobi to say "patches are welcome" :)

:-)...I'm currently too busy with other things

> If such an option would be there, hard wired zero would not be
> good enough imho.
>
> If your goal is to meter bandwidth used, 0 is the better option.
> If your goal is to compute bandwidth available, the maximum rate
> is probably better...

I get your point.
So the solution would be a configurable default setting for UNKNOWN.
If you don't set it, it will be the usual UNKNOWN, and it can be set to a
variable or some numeric data.

Guess that would be a really nice feature...

--

regards,
Georges Toth