[rrd-users] I am trying to work with rrd_* functions in PHP but the my PHP5.1.2 is giving Segementation Fault

Thati Ravi thati.ravi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 09:23:50 MEST 2006

Hai evrybody,
(System Details:
 OS : FedoraCore2
PHP: 5.1.2
php4rrdtool module  is configured.
rrdtool is 1.0.49)

I am trying to call the rrd_create() in my php script like this:(very
simple)
$opts=array("--step","300","DS:testing:GAUGE:300:U:U","RRA:MIN:0.5:2:200");
$file="/home/ravit/test.rrd";
$res=rrd_create($file,$opts,count($opts));

But when it  ran from command line its resulting in Segmentaion Fault at
rrd_create() function call statement.

 And I have tried another way by replacing the $opts argument with the whole
array(..) statement like this:

$file="/home/ravit/test.rrd";
$res=rrd_create($file,array("--step","300","DS:testing:GAUGE:300:U:U","RRA:MIN:
0.5:2:200"),count($opts));

In this case rrd_error() is returning this :
        can't parse argument '/home/ravit/test.rrd'
(  here no segmentation fault)

i hve gone through the USAGE file which has come  with php4rrdtool tarfile.
According to that syntax rrd_create() accepts 3 args ( string,array,int) but
here its ( I think) the first args not getting parsed as string.

If any body  already using RRDTool in PHP scripts please send me some
example scripts which uses rrd_*() functions OR send me some links for the
same.

With BestRegards
Ravi.Thati
Our Attempts may fail but we should not fail to attempt.