[rrd-users] Re: Why is HRULE deprecated?

Chris Widhelm chris at widhelm.com
Tue May 16 23:02:33 MEST 2006

I tried it again just to make sure I wasn't missing something.

I *was* able to create a LINE entry with a static value.  However, I
*was not* able to create a LINE entry that did not cause the graph to
scale (the big benefit for me for HRULE).

I do agree that the visibility of LINE3 vs HRULE is much better.
However, I can't sacrifice the ability to see a very small amount of
traffic (< 3kbs) just so I can see a nice fat threshold at 3Mbs. 8)

I think it would be great if HRULE was enhanced to also support the size
functionality provided by LINEn, while at the same time providing the
ability to be excluded during graph generation.

Is there any formal process in place for making the request to keep
HRULE?  And possibly enhance it?