[rrd-users] gif support

Johannes Huettemeister j.huettemeister at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 16 09:08:53 MEST 2006

Hi all,
I could not find any information about getting rrdtool to generate gifs.
On my debian box with rrdtool 1.0.49 it is supporting gifs, on the solaris
machine, where I compiled version 1.2.12, it is not supporting them.
Is there a way to get gifs out of rrdtool?

As background:
I want to do images which support dragging the mouse over it and get a new
image with the selected slice. My knowledge on javascript, imagemaps and
ajax is very low, but I guess I need gifs as a start.

cheers Johannes.