[rrd-users] Way to merge files?

Andreas Maus a.maus at science-computing.de
Tue Jan 23 17:21:20 MET 2007

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 04:10:49PM +0000, Ronald Stamper wrote:
Hi.

> We normally tell RRDTOOLS to generate a graph using a dos prompt, but the length of the command needed to get RRD to parse 164 files over flows its buffer.
Ugh!
Never used rrdtool in a DOS/Windows environment, but ...
You can - at least in a UN*X environment - run rrdtool in the so called "pipe mode" by calling:

rrdtool -

Maybe you can try this and feed your command through this pipe.
(Even DOS can do standard I/O redirection, right ?)

HTH,

Andreas.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Maus             science+computing ag
System Administration               Hagellocher Weg 73