[rrd-users] newbie rrd question - probably a very old issue

Jason Fesler jfesler at gigo.com
Sat Sep 1 19:09:32 CEST 2007

Based on a side conversation with Dan, this is what I'm understanding:

RRD will graph exactly one consolidated point in time, if there are more
points than pixels on the X axis.  Dan wants *all* value points
represented, not consolidated.  RRD has no option to do that.

I'm thinking that *maybe* it can be faked, with some stacked graphs or
something, *if* MIN and MAX were also included in the rrd file; do a fill
between min and max.

But it isn't going to happen with a single graph statement, and I'm having
problems figuring out how to sanely show min/average/max if desired. :-)