[rrd-users] Need a way to show 2(or more) lines on a graph that have nearly identical values

Jack Tavares j.tavares at F5.com
Tue Sep 25 09:59:44 CEST 2007

I am plotting 4 lines on a graph on a 0-100 Y axis

In many cases the lines have nearly identical values and it is difficult
to see them.
(2 of the four lines are not shown because the DS's are empty)
http://jacktavares.com/rrd/unstacked.png

I know that I can STACK them, but then I see lines that look like
this
http://jacktavares.com/rrd/stacked.png

and it looks like the line above has a value of ~20,
when in fact they both have a value of ~10

doing them as AREA has the same problem.

Other than putting them in individual graphs, am I missing a simple
solution?

Thanks
--
Jack Tavares