[rrd-users] Generate graphs without a RRD?

Carsten Aulbert carsten at welcomes-you.com
Sat Mar 22 22:04:56 CET 2008

Hi,

this is slightly offtopic, but I'll try anyway:

In a server room i need to monitor I want to keep the data (taken every
60s) for a very long time, say a year. Right now I store the data in a
SQLITE database and would like to display it prettily. Since I really
like the RRDgraphs I would like to use them, but it seem they are tied
very closely to RRDs.

Thus my questions are, what options do I have?

(1) Is it possible to call the RRDgraph tool with data I get from my
database? If so, how?

(2) Since the whole thing will be part of a interactive set-up (where
people can access different time spans, zoom in etc), is it feasible to
create a temporary RRD, fill it with data and then create the graphs if
(1) is not be possible?

Any suggestions, how this can be done?

Thanks a lot

Carsten