[rrd-users] Is rrdtool right for my project?

Boer, Martin martin.boer at atosorigin.com
Tue Mar 25 08:02:25 CET 2008

Drew,

I don't have experience with graphing 1 rrd file every second, so it is
kind of hard for me to predict if you'll run into trouble.
I update over 20000 rrdfiles every 5 minutes, so machinewise that's
probably harder, and it shows that one update less then 1/70th of a
second.
On the other hand, why not try it alongside of eachother for a while ?
You already have a script/some code to fill the database, why not add an
'rrdtool update ..' line to that ?

Hope this helps, in some way. :)
Martin