[rrd-users] RRD Seek Errror: again?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Sat Nov 1 22:33:19 CET 2008

On Nov 1, 2008, at 4:10 PM, Brian Fahrlander wrote:

> Marc Powell wrote:
>> Have you seen this? -- http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/forum.en.html#nabble-td1073391
>>

>   I've _seen_ it, but like last time, I didn't really understand it.
> I'm on Ubuntu Dapper on the machine saving the data, and Hardy on
> the other machine trying to pull the data over by NFS. It's been
> working perfectly for months. It's not impossible, but is it likely
> for something this (comparitvley) small it's bumping heads with the
> OS?

How large are the RRD files? The gist of the post, as I understand it,
is that you may be bumping up against OS size limits when trying to
access the higher parts of the rrd file. The files are too big for
your OS in other words. You may be able to offset that by using more
files with less RRAs or an OS that allows for larger files.

--
Marc