[rrd-users] rrdtool takes a while to generate ganglia graphs

Bernard Li bernard at vanhpc.org
Wed Nov 26 00:16:04 CET 2008

Hi Chris:

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 11:35 AM, chrismattmann
<chris.mattmann at jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> Any ideas as to what is going on? I've installed ganglia (and rrdtool) quite
> a few times in the past and have never ran into something like this?

Was there a specific reason why you are using RRDtool 1.3.3?  I'd
imagine you have to build this manually on CentOS 3.  Any chance you
can downgrade to an older version (say 1.2.x) and see if your problem
goes away (make sure you backup your rrd files though...).

With only three nodes, I doubt you are reaching any sort of
scalability issues addressed in the new version of RRDtool 1.3.x.
Also I wonder how well it works under 2.4 kernel...  did you have much
trouble building RRDtool 1.3.3 (and all the dependencies) on CentOS 3?

I have briefly tested Ganglia 3.1.x with RRDtool 1.3.x under CenOS 4.x
and didn't have the issue you mentioned.

Cheers,

Bernard