[rrd-users] Unable to launch stripes.pl

highwayblues andy at myhost.ie
Fri Nov 28 15:22:27 CET 2008

Hi,

I have just completed installing RRDtool-1.3.4 on Centos 32 bit OS but when
I run the example stripes.pl I get the below error.

Can't load '/lib/perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/RRDs/RRDs.so' for
module RRDs: librrd.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line
230.
 at ./stripes.pl line 7
Compilation failed in require at ./stripes.pl line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./stripes.pl line 7.

I am pretty new to linux so sorry if this is something obvious; its got me
stumped! Thanks for your help in advance!