[rrd-users] Graphing potentially missing files

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Dec 1 02:53:38 CET 2010

> I'm upgrading our main router to include automatic failover. Up until
> now, I'm switched manually if one failed and copied the rrd files
> over to maintain data continuity.

> At the moment I access the data files via NFS, so the graphing always
> uses the most current data.

> Any other ideas ?

Why not use rrdcached in TCP mode to send the updates from your routers over to a central rrd file(s) held on the graphing server?  Then no need for NFS or copying.

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand
Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland
Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487
DDI: +64 (0)9 924 6487
Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail