[rrd-users] RRDTool as a server in Solaris

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Dec 2 22:40:41 CET 2010

I think 'isnan' is a symbol in the libm maths library; the error message you give seems to indicate that librrd is loading, but is trying to access a symbol that doesnt exist.

Checking the current version on RHEL5, I see that isnan is now a #define rather than a library function.  This would seem to indicate that your rrdtool was compiled using an older version of the maths library that expects isnan to be a symbol in libm.so rather than an inline compile.

I'd suggest you recompile rrdtool using the current libraries on the system you have; or, install the older version of libm in parallel, if possible.  The package you're installing seem to have been built with a too-old C compiler.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead