[rrd-users] Off topic: was Re: PLease remove me from the list

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at vandenbogaerdt.nl
Wed Mar 31 11:59:42 CEST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc MERLIN" <marc_rrd at merlins.org>
To: "Jim Kern" <jkern at geology.wisc.edu>
Cc: <rrd-users at lists.oetiker.ch>
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:36 PM
Subject: Re: [rrd-users] PLease remove me from the list

> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 09:16:03AM -0500, Jim Kern wrote:
>> I have tried three times to be removed.  Still getting emails.  Please
>> remove. Thanks!
>
> Mmmh, usually getting off a list is a turing test that you should be able
> pass :)

:-)

> "it didn't work" is not very descriptive,

+1

> Also note: by Emailing the list instead of the list admins as listed on
> the
> page above, you are Emailing countless people who have no power to
> actually
> help you directly.

And the list admins have more to do than watch over the list.

And the list admins know that email forgery exists, so this request to
unsubscribe Jim could come from anyone at geology.wisc.edu ...  some people
find it funny to do so, especially in this time of year.

Currently jkern at geology.wisc.edu is not subscribed. It could be that someone
else unsubscribed him, or the address wasn't at the list to begin with.

Jim, if you still receive messages for the list, look at the email headers.
The line looking like

 by <your mail host>
 with <something> (envelope-from <something>)
 id <something>
 for <your previous email address>; <date>

is the important one here.