[rrd-users] Migrating RRDs from rrdtool-1.3.8 to 1.2.27

dmourati dmourati at eye.fi
Sat Oct 30 00:08:07 CEST 2010

I have an old server I am about to retire.  It was running rrdtool 1.3.8.  My
new server actually runs an older verion of rrdtool, 1.2.27.

old server:
rrdtool-1.3.8-1.fc10.x86_64

new server:

rrdtool-1.2.27-3.el5

Dump and restore did not work.  I get error messages like:

rrdtool restore lrrr_load_1min_400.xml lrrr_load_1min_400.rrd
ERROR: Incompatible file version, detected version . This is not supported
by the version 0003 restore tool.

Other applications installed on the new server depend on 1.2.27 version of
rrdtool.  Is there another way to complete the migration?

Thanks.