[rrd-users] Incrementing type

Bjørnar Ness bjornar.ness at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 09:54:53 CEST 2013

Ok, I will try to rewrite:

I am receiving a stream of loglines, this is common apache format and
includes,
among other fields, a timestamp and a response code.

When I receive a logline, I would like to flush this to rrdcached
immediately, but
for this to work I need to be able to not set a absolute value, or a
counter, but a
increment current value (in timestamp range) by 1. Is this possible?

If not I would need to keep track of my own counters in for example redis,
incrementing
here, and flushing to rrdcached.. which would not be nessesary if rrd can do
the incrementing.

And what about when I receive some loglines from a day back (because of some
network failure)?