[rrd-users] I don't understand ':strftime' in command: 'GPRINT:IORATE:MAX:%c:strftime'. Error creating the Storage IORATE PNG file

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jun 19 00:04:09 CEST 2014

You are mixing the old and new GPRINT syntaxes, which is why it doesn’t work.

Old deprecated style:

  GPRINT:varname:cf:format

Where ‘varname’ is a DEF or CDEF, and CF is AVG, MAX, MIN, LAST

New style:

 VDEF:vdefname=varname,function

 GPRINT:vdefname:format[:strftime]

The new style uses a VDEF in the GPRINT, which has to be defined separately.  ‘function’ is one of the summary stat RPN functions (see the RPN manual) that include AVERAGE, MAXIMUM and also the LSL and Percentile calculations.

So, to do what you want, you would need to have (using the new syntax) something like:

  VDEF:ioratemax:iorate,MAXIMUM

  GPRINT:ioratemax:’Maximum IO value %5.2lf%sbps at ’

 GPRINT:ioratemax:%c:strftime

Steve

Steve Shipway

s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz