[rrd-users] Consolidating to a Daily RRA

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at vandenbogaerdt.nl
Wed Mar 5 18:17:28 CET 2014

The question has come up before, but I have to admit I do not know if there
is anything implemented right now.  My guess is that it is not as easy to do
as it sounds, especially because it would probably introduce bugs, some of
them very obscure.

Every timestamp used everywhere would need this offset applied.  If you can
spare the hardware, why not run this RRDtool setup on it's own dedicated box
which happens to have it's internal clock set deliberately wrong. Let the
machine think it is running on british time (if you want DST corrected) or
on icelandic time (if you want UTC all the time), adjust the clock so that
wall clock time matches your local time, and you should be ready.

Time synchronization will be a challenge but still not impossible.

It's just a thought, my 2ct, et cetera.
HTH
Alex