[rrd-users] Start graph at 1st of current month?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Nov 3 08:59:57 CET 2014

> but what if i want my graph to start at the 1st of the current month?
> all i could come up with was something like this:
>> start=midnight 01.11
> which will indeed start the graph at the 1st of November, but not very handy
> as i have to modify the RPN for every concurrent month.

Use "start=${StartTime}" and set StartTime in the script you use to call RRD.

RRD does not have any concept of "week", "month", "year" - and only limited concept of "day" given that "midnight" is only "midnight in UTC timezone". That means you need to do some work external to RRD if you need to work with calendar periods.