[rrd-users] [GRAYMAIL] Re: Re: RE: RE: Question about trend line

rseiwert rob at vcaglobal.com
Fri Aug 14 02:40:12 CEST 2015

Anything you can calculate you can draw. If you can define it as an equation you can put it in a cdef.
Of course it's going to take some thought, understanding RPN, and a little trial and error.
At this point you probably would be off using one graphs generated by vnstat.
Not knowing the exact nature of your data I cannot say exactly what you want. I
It seems you want to draw a line from 0,0 through the last point of your data, this is prediction I think vnstat uses.
I almost can see the solution but I don't want to work it out wrong here.
Something like (last value / secs in period of last value) * Step width then create a cdef that equals this value * count.
There may be a better way, if someone knows please enlighten me.