[rrd-users] RRDTool lib fetch

Olivier webmaster at ajeux.com
Tue Nov 3 17:29:10 CET 2015

Hello,

I'm looking for documentation on rrdtool library. I'm actually using it
through PHP and PECL project. I'm using function rrd_fetch() to grab data
from a specific .rrd file.

I can see that 'resolution' parameter is not respected (as rrd_graph is
doing) : RRD seems to find the most accurate resolution available, but
returns the raw data. For example, if I have data with resolution =60 and I
request resolution =3600, data is not aggregated, and I have one row every
minute instead of one per hour.

First, I want to know if this is an expected behaviour. In that case, it
means that rrd_graph is doing this aggregate itself. Is there a way to ask
rrdtool to do the math for me ?

Olivier